The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) offers the subsequent recommendations for traveling to and from the Eastern Shore all through the July 4th week:
The excellent times to tour the Bay Bridge next week encompass:
· Wednesday, July three, earlier than nine a.M. And after 10 p.M.
· Thursday, July 4, earlier than 6 a.M. And after 6 p.M.
· Friday, July 5, before 7 a.M. And after 7 p.M.
· Saturday, July 6, earlier than 7 a.M. And after 5 p.M.
· Sunday, July 7, before 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
· Monday, July 8, before 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
Motorists ought to stay on US 50 to preserve local roadways open for first responders and residents.
Let Us Feed You Bay Bridge Traffic Updates!
For actual-time updates on traffic and major incidents observe us on Twitter at twitter.Com/TheMDTA. Find us on Facebook at facebook.Com/TheMDTA. To view real-time traffic digital camera pix on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.Maryland.Gov. Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic situations. · Visit baybridge.Com to view traffic cameras and to enroll in e mail signals. · Get there quicker with E-ZPass! Visit ezpassmd.Com to enroll online and for a list of E-ZPass “On the Go” retail locations.
· Consider the Intercounty Connector (ICC)/MD two hundred and I-ninety five Express Toll Lanes (ETL) in Baltimore at some point of your excursion travels. Visit mdta.Maryland.Gov for toll costs.
Keeping visitors transferring as safely and efficiently as viable is the MDTA’s precedence. The MDTA Police will stay vigilant and target competitive and impaired drivers, seatbelt violators and crook hobby. Additional MDTA Police patrols may be searching for impaired drivers at Maryland toll facilities at some point of the July 4th vacation.
For your SAFETY and the SAFETY of other motorists and emergency personnel:
· Buckle Up! Every Seat. Every Time.
· Devote your complete attention to riding – it is illegal to text and uses hand-held cell telephones even as driving in Maryland.
· Keep your eyes on the street – do now not sight-see.
· Do not tailgate – keep a secure following distance.
· Obey posted speed limits and overhead lane-manipulate alerts.
· Avoid converting lanes whilst traveling over bridges and via tunnels.
· Headlights are required at all times at the Bay Bridge.
· If your automobile turns into disabled, continue to be internal and phone #seventy seven for assistance.
· When contacting a dispatch center, motorists need to be organized to provide:
o The vicinity of the emergency;
o A name-again cellphone wide variety; and
o Details of the incident/disabled vehicle or other occasions.
· State regulation calls for vehicles to move over when drawing near an emergency vehicle or tow truck using visible signals. If you are not able to transport over, gradual down.
E-ZPass Maryland Customer Service Centers will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July five. Visit ezpassmd.Com or use the automated device at 1-888-321-6824.
A travel pointers weblog will detail the rules, guidelines, necessities, and laws governing travel to any destination in the world. Learn whether or not you want special files or identification; ought to you convey your passport and birth certificate anywhere you pass? Learn whether or not you need evidence of vaccination to go into u . S .; have to you defend your self against malaria, smallpox, and other contagious illnesses quite uncommon in Europe and North America? What will you do in case you are injured in the course of your travels abroad; will your coverage shield you, or ought to you purchase more “ride coverage”? Can you drive a vehicle via u? S .; what are the regulations of the road? A travel suggestions weblog breaks-down all of the information into its most important ideas and information, placing emphasis wherein it belongs and including facts simplest the locals would recognize.
Currency and alternate quotes
Although the carriers and traders will assist you with all your transactions, you must know enough approximately the forex and values that you could tell the difference among a proper good deal and an over-priced touristy curio. A tour recommendations blog will advise you to hold a pocket calculator or get an app for that, so you can pass quite simply from dollars to Euros to rupees or pesos. When you have got mastered math, pass directly to studying the etiquette of tipping: to whom do you offer a gratuity, and what sort of is sufficient? Perhaps most significantly, a tour pointers weblog will advise you approximately shopping-what approximately price lists, responsibilities, customs fees, and other costs. That little trinket that seemed like the most high-quality good deal in the universe may also end up your maximum high-priced mistake if you do no longer put together in advance.